December 31st, 2008
2008 was awesome! I hit a few jackpots & had some lows. I changed jobs & made some cool friends. But then above all this, over the last 365 days, I had some phenomenal realizations, which are documented below. Of course, they may be very simple for most of you. But then, I learnt them on my own in some unforgettable ways.
- Learnt to say “No”.
- Went punctually to most places this year. I kept a count of the places I had to visit. I had been on time on 85% of the occassions (don’t count the Kalari classes yet). Previously, this used to bug me a lot. Not anymore I guess. Have to bring it to 100% in 2009.
- Learnt that good things and bad things happen equally. That is, we [humans] must not feel too overwhelmed by the good or by the bad. Few guys may now recall the power of “Krishnarpanamasthu”.
- Realized that the concept of God is a placeholder.
- Became a bit more intuitive.
- Enjoyed life every moment. I learnt to look at life’s happenings from a third angle, thereby, getting some really cool insights. This had been very useful when I’m confronted with a few tough problems.
- Learnt to focus on the item in context. That is, “getting in the zone” has become easier. Have to improve this in 2009.
- Started diversifying my knowledge beyond computers. Actually I started this in 2007 itself. But 2008 saw deeper indulgence in art related activities such Kalari and Astronomy. On computer related stuff, I felt *very* happy to see the return of “security related activities”. Started learning how to write secure code.
- Number of lies have drastically come down. Have to push it to zilch in 2009. I can pinpoint the reasons to which they have come down but I won’t reveal them here 😉
- The world is not fair and will never be fair.