December 18th, 2008
Menu Bar is such a waste of screen real estate in web browsers. There was no inbuilt preference in opera that would enable me to hide or show menu bar with a single key toggle. Opera allows the users to customize its keyboard shortcuts to a great extent. So, here’s how you go about toggling the menu bar in opera.
- Go to Tools -> Preferences.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Select “Shortcuts” from the left side menu.
- Select “Opera Standard” under “Keyboard Setup” and click on “Edit” button.
- From the “Edit Keyboard Window” popup, select “Application” and then on “New” button.
- Now type “F10” without quotes, press Tab key & then type “Enable menu bar | Disable menu bar” without quotes.
- Now click “OK” button on both the windows.