August 15th, 2007
Everybody among the geek circles would definitely know of Digg. The one stop for all news; especially technology. Yes, digg has now accumulated so much information that it gives out relevant search results for many technology queries, in some cases better than Google. Here are it’s few advantages.
1. All diggs/links are user generated.
2. Most relevant search results are relevant.
3. Since everything is user generated, digg has a wealth of information regarding user behaviour, browsing habits and a whole lot of other things. You can even call a “mini” google history of the guys who digg the posts.
4. It’s an awesome complement for the existing search technologies.
5. Top diggs are comparable to the first page results of google search.
There are more, but I’m unable to think of them now.
May be it’s a superb acquisition target for Google