June 26th, 2007
Hi guys, Good Morning !
Just to try out a change in the everyday breakfast, I decided to have cornflakes. So, since this Monday, I’m on cornflakes. Here’s my preparation for you to try out.
1. Take a nice bowl and put 2 to 3 handful of cornflakes. Spread them out evenly.
2. Take a small cube of jaggery (called vellam in tamil) and crush it well. Add it to the cornflakes and mix it well by hand. Now, sprinkle some raisins (also called kanja draksha in tamil).
3. Get a half litre packet of cold milk and pour half of the “half litre pack” of milk to the mixture of cornflakes, jaggery and raisins. Don’t mix it now.
4. If you have honey, add a dash of it 😀
5. Get a banana, preferably ones that are big, such as the famous nenthirampazham or the pachai vazhai pazham (the bananas with the green skin). Cut them into small pieces and add them to the bowl.
Take a spoon and mix it well. Let it rest for a few minutes and then devour it 😀
Now, since this is mango season, instead of banana, you can use that also. Take a mango, a ripe one preferably. Peel off its skin properly, cut it into small pieces and add them to the bowl of cornflakes. That would make it delicious. Yesterday I tried out a mixture of both banana and mango and the resulting turned out to be awesome!
Try this out and let me know 😀